The Department of Kinesiology and Community Health offers various monetary awards for undergraduates ranging from $500 to $1,000. All awards will be presented at the Honors and Awards Ceremony held each spring. Information describing each award and the eligibility criteria are described below.
- Joanne M. Carraway and Charles M. Carraway Scholarship: Scholarship for women in the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health who show academic merit.
- Carol Chittenden Scholarship: Awarded to undergraduate students with junior or senior standing who have shown professional promise, scholarship, and service to the profession.
- Community Health Leadership Award: Awarded to an outstanding junior or senior student with a preference to those who have shown an interest in and/or commitment to working in a non-profit setting.
- Helga M. Deutsch Scholarship: Awarded to students who are studying kinesiology curriculum. Recipients shall be full-time students with a minimum of junior status (60 hours earned credit). Recipients shall have financial need and be in good standing academically.
- Beulah Drom Scholarship: Scholarships for women studying kinesiology curriculum and who demonstrate scholarly merit, professional promise, and financial need.
- Aurelio E. "Joe" Florio Award: Preference is given to undergraduate students studying community health curriculum. Recipients shall be selected based on academic merit and potential leadership in the health education field.
- Roger Morse Outstanding Senior Scholarship: Scholarship is to honor a senior in the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health for their contributions and commitment to the profession as evidenced by personal and professional growth during their undergraduate years. Recipients shall have senior standing; a minimum GPA of 3.5 and demonstrated academic excellence and commitment to scholarship. (Note: You must apply for this scholarship to be considered for a Senior Honorary Award, and students may apply for this award only once)
- Carita Robertson Scholarship/PEW Fund: Awarded to undergraduate junior or senior female students majoring in the Kinesiology curriculum.
- Seward C. Staley Scholarship: Awarded for three years to recognize scholarly excellence and professional promise demonstrated by undergraduate students in the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health. Freshman with a minimum GPA of 3.25 and 8 hours of Kinesiology or Community Health courses at the 100 level or higher during the freshman year are eligible. The student must maintain a GPA of 3.25 and make progress toward a degree in the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health to retain the scholarship after the first year.
- Marianna Trekell Scholarship: To provide support for undergraduate students in the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health who has financial need and demonstrates professional promise.
- A.R. Vidovic Endowment: Awarded to an outstanding female undergraduate student in the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health who has shown scholarly merit and professional promise. Preference shall be given to junior or senior students.